Hello faithful readers,
It’s Bill Meeks, your favorite co-host of Greetings from Storybrooke, Legends of Gotham, and Universe Box. My new novella The Trials of King Sparrow came out today over on Amazon. You can get it here:
Here’s the description:
While leading his queen and faithful subjects to their winter home, King Sparrow is betrayed then abandoned in the woods. He battles foul beasts, psychotic eagles, and the oncoming winter on his quest to find his true love.
With twists on every page The Trials of King Sparrow celebrates his strength, compassion, and perseverance as he seeks his revenge. It’s a magical adventure set against the brutal backdrop of the natural world.
Buy it for $1.99 from these retailers:
There’s so much to love about King Sparrow and his world. I’m doing my best to hold it all in so you can experience it for yourself.
Okay. This is just too hard. I’ll tell you, like, six things.
- In the first few pages we meet a proud king leading his subjects on a voyage, but by chapter three he’s betrayed, broken, and left to die. In true fairy tale fashion things go from worse to worst in short order.
- You’ll love Lucy, the kind old woman who takes King Sparrow in to nurse him back to health, and the secret she’s hiding.
- Chapter 8 will break your heart and blow your mind (in that order).
- The brutality of the natural world is front and center. The wild animals you’ll meet are vicious, selfish, and bloodthirsty. I think you’ll love them.
- King Sparrow was inspired by the Counting Crows song Rain King.
- Books I read that inspired me while writing this: Just So Stories, The Illustrated Man, The Man Who Folded Himself, and The Secret Life of Words.
Okay. Enough of these teases! I hope you’ll read it, and let me know what you think. Just e-mail me here with any questions or comments.
As always feels free to leave me an honest review on Amazon when you’re done. It helps the book’s ranking in the recommendation engine/charts which helps more people find it. It also lets me run promotions since most require a minimum number of reviews to be considered.
I really appreciate it! You guys are the whole reason this whole writing thing has sorta worked out so far. Thanks. 🙂